At St. Joseph's we believe the curriculum is a powerful tool to promote a love of learning, a willingness to explore and a time to have fun. We are proud that our curriculum goes beyond the National Curriculum, which we use as a starting point for wide and varied learning experiences for our children. We enrich it by our strong Catholic ethos, based on our Mission Statement of Loving, Learning and Growing together with Jesus.
We provide a curriculum which is broad and balanced, giving our pupils opportunities to gain essential knowledge, skills and understanding by:
- Providing opportunities to be creative, to be physically active and to be academically challenged.
- Nurturing curious minds
- Stretching the imagination
- Developing a sense of awe and wonder about the world
- Providing opportunities for every child to discover their particular talents
- Ensuring that each individual achieves their potential and becomes an independent life-long learner.
We aim high, striving for every child to achieve more than they thought possible. We believe that education should take place in a fully inclusive environment with equal opportunities for all, where children feel safe to try new things.
Below are the links to our curriculum progression documents. Should you seek further information please contact the office to speak with the Lead of Teaching and Learning.